At Vèringer Engineering we are committed to innovation projects, the development of individual careers and the creation of a more sustainable future. We are proud to work with leading companies to address climate change.
We are looking for multicultural and diverse talents from the Oil&Gas, Industrial and Energy Transition sectors. ¡Join our team to ride together this challenge!
We are looking for an Engineer to fill the position of Site Planning Manager to be in charge of the ongoing monitoring of Project Planning (level 2) for the design and delivery of materials, detect trends that require scheduling control action, and keep the construction team informed of any changes.
Location: Sines, Portugal.
Expected date: start asap y finish Enero 2026
Modality of work: on-site
- Develop (Construction part) the project Level 3 CPM Schedule based on activities, units, subcontracts strategy, (master construction schedule) and defines a construction milestones program.
- Prepare all schedule and progress input data needed for the Site Monthly Progress report and submits to the Construction Manager.
- Prepare and maintain the construction Progress Monitoring System (CPMS) considering (by Subcontract and/or Trade/Discipline) the status and quantities of work to be performed and the resources needed to achieve targeted performances.
- Check the consistency between Project Level 3 Schedule and Subcontractor’s schedules (level 4 or detailed schedules if needed).
- Examine subcontractor’s resources related to planned progress and suggests adjustments if necessary.
- Monitor the evolution (schedule/progress), anticipating trends or possible deviations in order to quantify their impact on the overall schedule.
- Service as a trouble shooter when there is a breakdown in delivery schedules.
- Provide status and quantities of work performed and maintains manpower forecast, progress curves and histograms.
- Attend coordination meetings with subcontractors in view of managing the coordination or Subcontractor mobilization, access to work areas and demobilization dates.
- Verified using the Construction Supervision and his team that work has been fully completed and recommends acceptance and final payment for the work.
- Generate reports depicting progress comparisons and establishes necessary schedule revisions and any changes of construction logic.
- Suggest activity analysis to improve progress or performance for selected work tasks.
- Identify and summarises existing or potential problems.
- Maintain a constant follow up of the schedule to compare progress as previously planned.
- Monitor scope change from the Client and provide Extension Of Time (EOT) analysis to the Construction Manager or the Site Manager.
- Monitor events (out of company responsibility) which has impact on schedule and provide an EOT analysis to the Construction Manager or Site Manager.
- University degree in Engineering, preferably in disciplines such as Mechanical, Chemical, Petroleum, or Civil Engineering.
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in planning and project management within the Oil&Gas sector or related industries.
- Prior experience in planning large-scale projects, preferably in refineries or construction projects within the petrochemical sector.
- Experience in handling progress tracking systems and planning programs such as Primavera P6, MS Project, or similar software.
- Experience working with different levels of planning and scheduling.
- Ability to develop and update complex project schedules with multiple interdependent activities.
- Solid understanding of construction methods and industry practices.
- Capability to perform Time Extension (EOT) analyses and manage project scope changes.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and mitigate potential risks and issues.
- Decision-making abilities and the capacity to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy in work.
- Negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Good level of technical English, both written and spoken, for communication in an international environment. Knowledge of Portuguese could be a requirement or a significant advantage given the project location.
- Availability to work at the project location (in this case, Sines, Portugal) and possible to travel as per project requirements.
Our company promotes equal opportunities and we value diversity in our team.
When applying, we ask you to fill in as much of your data as possible. You will receive an email with a questionnaire that will take you 15 minutes to complete. If you did not receive it and it is not in your spam folder, please contact us.
We look forward to learning more about your experience and how you can contribute to our team.