From Vèringer’s Selection Departament we’re looking for a Junior Contract Engineer, who will participate in varius projects, accompany project managers in the setup of the project policy and align contract and claim management policy. The position to cover will be in Barcelona.
Hybrid work modality is offered: 3 days of home office and 2 face-to-face days in the office.
Functions and Responsabilities:
- Participate in relations with external partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure contract and claim management all along the projects on all topics.
- Monitor and analyse issues when they arise and deal with them, anticipate risks and grasp opportunities.
- Participates in project meetings related to project status, progress, scope, cost and schedule.
- Identifies the appropriate contract flow-down requirements for Purchase Orders & Subcontracts.
- Works closely with Project Controls to monitor the contract schedule performance and cost trends.
- Prepares consolidated analysis of the contract terms and conditions to highlight the areas of risk and recommends their mediation.
- Assists in reviewing and analyzing project financial data and client progress payments and billings to ensure compliance with contract terms.
- Assists PM and/or Site Construction Manager in the preparation and negotiation of the changes to the contract baseline as well as resolution of constructive contract changes with respect to additional compensation and time.
- To manage the delay linked with changes and claims and to prepare the Extension of Time analysis, in case of delay due to client.
- Works with other project team members to define Client’s actions or inactions, which could result in contract changes.
- Monitors compliance with the contract obligations, as assigned, including reviews of incoming and outgoing correspondence, submittals, certificates of insurance, etc.
- Ensure the monitoring of contract quality, cost and performance and that all contractual duties and obligations are met by all parties to each subcontract.
- Support with the Procurement and Subcontracting team members in the identification, negotiation and resolution of Subcontractor and Vendor claims.
- Participates in the drafting of all contract/commercial project lessons learned.
- Recognized qualification to a degree level in a commercial discipline (e.g. Business Administration, or Quantity Surveyor, Construction Management, Cost Engineering or Engineering) is preferable but not essential in lieu of work experience.
- Technical and administration background, ideally in engineering with specialization in the oil & gas industry; demonstrated experience in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling, subcontract formation and administration, bidder pre-qualification, evaluation of bids, monitoring performance & resolution of claims and disputes.
- Strong communication and influence skills, capacity to motivate, engage and change behavior.
- 2+ years of experiencie in the related field.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of the Office package.
Please abstain candidates who do not meet the requirements of the offer.
Absolute confidentiality is guaranteed in the treatment of candidacies.